Thursday, March 3, 2011

Last blast of winter?

Yesterday the weather was delightful.  Today the temperature has dropped (28F this morning at 9am) but sunny.  Winter just can't give up yet!  But spring always comes, so we should not be too sad about keeping our warm gloves and down coats out for a while longer.  I think my bulbs are coming up!  I have a confession to make.  I am never 100 sure anything I plant grows until I actually see something.  Bulbs are particularly hard to tell if they will work because you plant them months ahead of time and by the time they grow I have usually forgotten exactly where everything is.

Back to the here and now.  If you have not done so yet, prune back the roses and clean up perennials, you can remove any dead stalks or flower heads but try not to cut off anything that looks like new growth.  And have faith, spring is coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment